Transferring a Web Domain
This article covers the process of transferring a domain from one domain provider to another
- Already have a domain registered with provider 'A'
- Make sure that your domain status is 'Unlocked' in the admin control panel of your domain with provider 'A'
Steps to Transfer:
- Go the new domain provider's website, get the annual rates of domain registering. If you are happy with the rates then follow through the next steps
- One the new domain provider's website, look for domain transfer page/button.
- Type in your domain URL.
- Next page will ask for your 'Domain Password' which is also called as 'Registry Key'. Click on 'Retrieve your password'.
- It will take you to another website that will ask again for your Domain URL and other easy questions.
- An email will be sent to the registered email address with the password/registry key.
- Copy that password and paste it in step 4.
- If the password is correct, you will be taken to the check out page where you will pay for the domain transfer and registering for the number years you choose.
- Once the payment is done, you will get an email to verify your email address.
- You will also get an email to authorize the transfer of your domain.
- It will take 24-48 hrs to get confirmation email that your domain is transferred successfully.