Writing to CSV Files in Python
Goal: Writing all files' names in any folder to a CSV File in Python
- Working Python Shell like IDLE
- Notepad ++ or any other text editor
1. Open Python Shell "IDLE" and save a file named "Allfiles.py"
2. Copy below code to "Allfiles.py"
with open('fileslist.csv', mode='w') as new_file:
wri = csv.writer(new_file)
for i in range(len(file)):
wri1 = file[i]
3. Save and press F5 to execute.
4. Open folder 'data' in C: drive and you will find a file named 'fileslist.csv'.
5. Open fileslist.csv in NotePad++.
6. You will see one empty line after each file name. To delete empty row, select edit-->Line Operations-->Remove Empty Lines
7. To remove unwanted commas, do CTRL-F, Click Replace, Put "," in Find and click Replace All.
8. That's it. You have a list of files in your desired folder.